Sunday, May 14, 2017

Happy Mother's Day Mom.

"If you want your life to be a magnificent story, then begin by realizing that you are the author and everyday you have the opportunity to write a new page." Mark Houlahan


 My mother is an amazing woman. She doesn't say much but she doesn't have to.  Her actions speak volumes. She inspires me to write my own chapter.  To live the way I was meant to live. I am, in some ways, like my mother. I love my family and the sense of adventure. We love our tea and we love our freedom.  However there are some things that make me...Liz.  For those that know me you KNOW how emotional I can get. How talkative I can be and how passionate I am on certain issues. Because of these differences, my mom is my rock.  She would tell me, "pull yourself together" or "there is nothing you can do about it." "What's done is done." "Worrying won't get you anywhere". Then she would give me a hug, wipe my tears and push me to be better. To strive to be the person I am meant to be. She is factual, down to earth and for a free-spirited person, I needed that.  I needed someone who can ground me and show me what is possible. I didn't realize how much I appreciated it until I became a mother. Mom, you are my rock of Gibraltar. Thank you for your guidance over the years. Happy Mothers Day.
Elizabeth

No comments:

Post a Comment